ROCKDALE COIN CLUB MEETING INFO…
The club meets at 7:00 PM, on the the 4th Monday of the month, except for December.
The 2019 meeting dates are: 1/28, 2/25, 3/25, 4/22, 5/27, 6/24, 7/22, 8/26, 9/23, 10/28 & 11/25
In December 2019, the club will hold its annual Rockdale Coin Club Christmas Party. Meeting Place and Time will be announced in November.
At the December 2019 Christmas Party, for those who wish to participate (and all are welcome to do so), we’ll enjoy a “Chinese Auction” after the meal. Click on this link RCC CHINESE AUCTION RULES to see rules of the Chinese Auction.
C. E. Steele Community Center
1040 Oakland Ave SE
Conyers, GA 30012
CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS PLUS OTHER DOCUMENTS…
PDF File of Club Constitution and By-Laws – Download and print your own copy of our Constitution and By-Laws.
Auction Slips – Print auction slips at home and be ready when you get to the meeting. Each page contains 6 slips.
ABOUT ROCKDALE COIN CLUB MEMBERSHIP & MEETINGS…
To become a member of our club, you must attend 3 meetings. Dues are very low, at only $10.00 per year. We have a membership application form linked below that you can print and bring to the meeting or you can pick one up at a meeting. Once you have attended your 3rd meeting and have submitted your application, the group will vote to accept you.
RCC Application for Membership – Print, complete, and turn in this membership form on/after attending 3 meetings.
Our meetings start promptly at 7:00 PM. Members start arriving at about 6:15 to help with setup and talk/trade coins. Free appraisals of coins are also available at this time and during the refreshment break.
The agenda usually follow this format:
• Pledge of Allegiance
• Drawing for door prizes, there are usually 4 or 5 items given away at each meeting
• General announcements
• Brief Reports of:
o Upcoming coin shows in the region
o New scheduled releases by the U.S. Mint
o Georgia Numismatic Association and American Numismatic Association news
o Previous meeting’s auction results
• Old and new club business
• Educational program presented by a member – we try to limit this to 18 minutes
• We break for refreshments, view the auction lots, and coins available at the club’s mini-bourse dealer’s tables. Usually 2 members provide the refreshments each meeting
• We end the meeting with a 50-60 lot auction – each member is allowed to place up to 5 items in the auction and they pay $0.25 per item offered. Members and guests can bid on the items. The auction is conducted by a professional, licensed auctioneer (a club member & coin shop owner.)
Meetings wrap-up at about 9:00 – 9:15 PM